It's literal crack! I created this recipe for a dessert potluck and it disappeared within minutes - you've gotta try it! The recipe has minimal ingredients however it takes a little time to make. The best part is that it's sweetened with dates. This is definitely a dessert that will please everyone!
These measurements are for a pan that is 9x13 in. If you have a smaller one than divide this recipe in half.
For the Crack:
2 cups of chocolate pieces (I used dark)
6 tbsp of coconut oil
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
3/4 cup of salted peanuts (lightly crushed)
For the Date Caramel:
1/2 cup of pitted dates
1/4 cup coconut cream (the thick stuff on top of the can)
1 tsp of vanilla 1) Soak dates in boiling water.
2) In a pan, heat chocolate and 4 tbsp of coconut oil. Melt it together and pour 3/4 of the chocolate (put the rest aside) it into your pan that is covered by parchment paper. Place in freezer.
3) Heat peanut butter and 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Once the chocolate layer is mostly hard, layer the peanut butter over, which ever design you'd like. I took my spoon and waved it around to get thick back and fourth lines.
4) Sprinkle half of your peanuts on top of the peanut mixture. Place back in freezer.
5) Time to make the date caramel. Place soaked and pitted dates into a blender or food processor with vanilla and coconut cream. Blend until the mixture looks smooth. You may have to turn it on and off a few times to scrape down the sides. I promise it's worth it! :) Now you have date caramel!!
6) Take your dessert out of the freezer, it's time to add the caramel. If it's too thick add some water so you can add it on like you did the peanut butter. Once you have added your caramel add the rest of your peanuts, then peanut butter mixture and top with the rest of your chocolate.
7) Freeze for at least 2 hours to make sure it's solid. Once ready remove from freezer, and cut it into pieces.
Keep cool, and eat it 10-15 minutes out of the freeze. It will melt if left out for too long.
Voila! A delicious desert that is sweetened with dates.