I am obsessed with this colour
If you are anything like me, the cooler the weather gets the more your body starts to crave warmer heartier foods.
Here is a super simple, 3 ingredient, warming and delicious butternut squash soup to satisfy your tastebuds and warm your belly.
1 butternut squash
1 can of coconut milk
2 cups of vegetable stock/water
Options: hot peppers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt + pepper
1)Set oven to 375 degrees and cut the squash into quarters.
2) Place onto a baking sheet and cook until tender, roughly 45 mins to an hour. You can also bake whatever other veg you want in your soup (hot pepper is nice if you like a kick)
3) Once you can stick a fork through the squash, remove from the oven and allow to cool (enough so you can touch it). Start peeling off the skin of the squash and placing it into a blender.
4) Place half the squash in a blender with the can of coconut milk and blend. Pour the mixture into a saucepan set to low heat.
5) Repeat with the rest of the squash and veggie stock. You'll have a different consistency but it will all come together in the saucepan.
6) Now you have your soup! Combine in the saucepan and add in the optional spices, salt + pepper.